Hi, everyone! I’m Virginia, a new blogger for QC Voices. Ever since I was very small, I have always loved to draw, paint, and do a variety of other creative activities. I can’t wait to share my love of DIY (“do it yourself”) with you. I already have some ideas in mind:
- Scrap-busters: As a person who likes to sew, I have a lot of scrap fabric. I even have a designated drawer for bits and pieces. I’ll show you a few projects that use these small pieces and can be sewn by hand.
- Crochet: Scarf weather is coming! I love how comfy, stylish, and warm scarves are. They’re a great beginner crochet project. I’ll show you how to do a few basic stitches. A future post will also include stitch suggestions for more experienced crocheters.
- Simple Art Pieces: Artist’s block is very frustrating. Thus, I’ll show you some simple projects that look great. They have many applications such as home décor and greeting cards.
- Seasonal Crafts: I’m very excited about Halloween this year. Ever since last Halloween, I told myself that I’ll make my own costume. I’m going to do it this year! Now, I have to make sure I decorate my windows this year, something I haven’t done since I was in elementary school. I also need to write tutorials for other holidays this year.
- Home Décor: Home is ideally a place of relaxation and healing. Let’s make your space more inviting and comfortable! I’m not experienced with hardware so it will be interesting if I choose to do a project that involves nuts and bolts.
- New Skills: I’ll write about my experience learning skills such as knitting, embroidery, dyeing, and weaving. Let me know if there’s a technique you want me to try!
Each blog post will include the price of the supplies, and I’ll try to find projects that don’t require a lot of spending. Taking time into consideration, I’ll highlight DIYs that can be done in an afternoon or over the weekend.
Is there anything you’re interested in learning or a tutorial you want me to try? Let me know in the comments!
Crafting into the sunset,